Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Sunday, March 19, 2006

It's all good!

Here is my recent Argus Courier post, hope everyone enjoys!

Well, this is Monique, finally "chiming in." I thought it might be nice to actually voice something on here, especially to show that I do exist and will exist on this blog. Anyway, I wanted to talk about what Skyler and I did yesterday. We headed up to Santa Rosa and went on a "hike" (more like a nature surrounded walk) at Spring Lake park. It was so beautiful! I think Skyler was going to post some pictures of that walk. We took some great ones. This weather has just been so pretty lately, especially after all that rain, we just didn't know what to do with ourselves. We walked probably about 2 miles around Spring Lake and Howarth Lake (I think that's what it's named). It was sort of windy at times, but I was in a spaghetti strap shirt and pants, so it wasn't so bad. We had a great talk as well. Just a nice little discussion about what we want in life and our goals for the future. It's sometimes good to just get in that groove of knowing that you can have anything you want as long as you're willing to take steps towards it. If there's one thing that Skyler has taught me that will stay with me forever, it would be that. He emphasizes everyday that knowing what you want and how to get it is the perfect motivation to take you through a productive and satisfying day. Skyler knows his stuff, obviously. His thoughts just seem to seep into me and I find myself contemplating the meaning of everything I do and how it's going to affect me. For instance, yesterday I had my eyebrows waxed up at Santa Rosa Plaza at the Benefit Brow Bar. Now it sounds really ridiculous and juvenile, but last night I was very unhappy about how it turned out. I was stressing out, but for some reason Skyler came to mind and I thought, "What would he do in a situation like this?" And almost subconsciously
I started thinking up ways that it could be worse, or better, and how I have better things to worry about and how I'm going to fix this in the future. Lucky for me I have that brace in my life to help me get back on track and not really worry forever. Worrying certainly doesn't do anything productive but add to stress. Right? So here's my tip: when you think something is horrible you have to learn from it. Think about it for a while, and decide what it is that you can do to avoid that pain later, and deal with it now by turning it into a more positive situation. In the end, the smile on your face at the end of the day is the most important thing. If you can make it through a day with a smile on your face, you'll feel infinitely better just because the edges of your lips are pointing up. It's amazing how something so simple can turn everything around, huh? =)

No comments: