Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Friday, March 31, 2006

Weight Loss Part 1

I hate to tell you this right now, but your the kind of person who ignores that little voice in your head that tells you what you should be doing, you won't like what I have to say. I suggest you read someone else's blog. Well, now that we've gotten that matter out of the way, let me tell you about my story. My story starts about 1 year ago, March 2005, when I took a look at myself in the mirror. I knew I wasn't the person on the outside that I felt on the inside. I knew my weight a personal quality that I did not feel represented me. I was what you call, overweight. I also knew at that time last year that I had to loose the extra weight I had been caring around with me. Not only the fat, but also the emotional weight I had kept with me though my childhood and teenaged years. Looking into the mirror and seeing myself, I could think of countless times when my weight was a limiting factor in what I felt, or what I ended up doing. Times like feeling embarrassed about my big stomach when I was going to 6th grade camp. Times like feeling sad that I wasn't attractive enough to have girls talk to me in high school. Ok, I know this happens to everyone, but you get the idea.
One year ago, I knew that I didn't want to live that lifestyle anymore. So I right then I changed my life with a decision. That's all it took, a simple decision in my brain. And I know that decision one year ago has now changed the rest of my life. I knew I also needed help, which is why I decided to enroll myself in Weight Watchers. I had seen the changes that had happened to my mom, and knew I could achieve the same. While at the meetings and from other sources, I learned the major rule about weight loss. Like, this is the thing which will make you loose weight no matter what. I hope your ready for it. The thing is, it's so simple that people don't think it could be true. Here it is, to loose weight, you have to burn more calories than you consume. TADA! That's all there is. Now I'm not talking about being healthy per-say, I'm just talking the basics of loosing weight. You have to use more energy that your body takes in. Now, you might be saying to yourself, this kid is crazy. Well, I might just be, but this is where the little voice I told you about comes in. Does he say I'm crazy? When you ask that little voice, could this be it? What does he say? I'm hoping at least he's saying I might be telling the truth. Well, knowing this fact was one the reasons why I lost 70 pounds over 10 or so months. There were many other things I learned, but this one was the easiest for my to really understand and be certain it was true.
So, now that you have this piece of information, do you find it easy now to loose all the weight you feel you need to loose? I'm also guessing here now that you are not saying yes. If you are, then keep going, but for the rest of us, we still got work to do. Here's the next thing I learned. I learned that we lie all the time. All the time, we lie and deny to ourselves every single day. This is when that little in your head comes back again. Have you even done something, or maybe ate something that you know you shouldn't have? Well, that's the little voice inside your head again. ...(Maybe he is there trying to talk to you, but anyway). I learned that we as humans, or maybe Americans, or whatever, feel good about lying to ourselves. We stuff that little voice in our heads back down till we can only hear a soft mumble of what he had to say. Then we feel guilty free about eating that big pizza, even though we know we'll feel really guilty when that voice comes back in 30 minutes after we've sat down to watch tv for the night. Sound familiar? I hope not, but I know its true for a lot of people out there. People out there feeling guilty about what they eat, or maybe not feeling guilty about food, but feeling down about themselves because they know they aren't being good with there health and/or food choices. Well, I've just told you 2 of the most important ideas that made me loose 70 pounds. That I had to stop lying to myself, and that I had to eat fewer calories than I was burning. Once I was about to start to learn that skill, pounds stated to fly off of me.
Now, I know this first blog post here might sound strange, and you might be wondering why there isn't much writing left, but I ask you not to worry about that right now. I will be back soon enough to talk more about my story, and about my ideas. For right now, I would just like you to think about the two points I've raised in this post. How do these two ideas relate in your life? Do you think I might be telling the truth? Do you really lie to yourself? Are you lying to yourself right now? Could loosing weight be that simple? We'll, I guess you'll just have to find out, or tune in next time. "Same Bat channel, same Bat time" I want to wish you my best for this weekend, and you'll find another post with more information by Tuesday night. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or stuff like that. Until then, eat with reason!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm ..........H U N G R Y !

Nice post ther slim :)