Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Friday, February 10, 2006

The Future

When times seem stressful, I like to write. I have so many things bouncing on the inside of my mind, I know I wouldn't be able to sleep right away. Clearing my head for a bit might help put those idea to sleep. I have written out all my ideas, as to not forgot them. I've been thinking a lot of the future right now. I'm nervous, anxious, and a little excited. I've gotten a job now, and the first thing I want to do is get a raise within 3 months. I have a goal of becoming an assistant manager in 1 year as well.I know that if I set my mind to it, it will happen. In other parts of my life, transferring to SSU is a big part. I've gotten letters from the Music Department, and I plan to go there tomorrow to talk to them. If they are busy, or not available, I'll try on Tuesday. I'm interested in a Liberal Arts Major, and I think I want to do composition. The thing that keeps coming up in my mind is that I might, or have made the wrong decision on what to do in college. I love music no doubt, but I also love using computers. I always wonder if I should have become a computer major instead. I bet I would be saying the same if things were backwards. What scares me most about becoming a music major is getting a good job after college. Yeah, I know its hard to know what will come at me in the future, but I feel so much pressure to "get a job" after college, that I feel that music will not take me anywhere. I think this is more me thinking that I'm just going to be a broke artist on the side of the street when I graduate. I think I need to talk to people like at SSU and the JC in the music department, my teachers and such, to find out what they think I can do. I've always been confused to think that if I get my major in music composition, that I can only get a well paid job in music composition. Then I think, there isn't any music composition work out there, and now I'm screwed. See how I'm thinking? That's why I'm so, okay maybe scared, about getting this music degree. What am I going to do after college? But, I don't think it will be that bad. There are so many cool things I'm interested in. Sound, and recording and just some to name a few. I really just love working with audio. I do love playing, but I haven't had much time it feels like. If I really love playing as much as I think I do, I know I need to give myself more time to play. I know these years are hard, but I try to do my best. I really feel that I'm doing a good job going through this all. And speaking of doing stuff, with all that I have done for myself in this last year, and looking up to certain people, I wonder if I could be a motivational speaker. It's something that I have been playing around with in my head for the last few months. Just an idea I have. I really feel that I connect with people well, and I feel I can use that talent in a way to help people, and to make a good and fulfilling living for myself. Maybe add some music to that, and I'm ready to party. So I leave you with this, write your goals down people!

Book I'm reading:

Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sky:

I really appreciate your ability to let things out that are mixing about in your head... I think talking o those folks is a grat Idea... probably would be good to talk to Gio as well. Life is very long and full of so many twists and turns that we cannot anticipate so keep your eyes and heart open and continue to be honest with yourself... It is one of your greatest attributes, and one that Londa and I greatly admire. Love Dad
PS Thanks for filling in tonight on guitar at the piper, I hope you made good TIP$...

Anonymous said...

sounds like you want to be a teacher to me