Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Monday, November 21, 2005

Happy Birthday Skyler

For those who didn't know, I turned twenty years old today. No longer a teenager. Wow, have a really outgrown that already. Man, it seems like I'm growing up too fast. I would have to admit I'm a little scared; but then again, I'm excited for the future. Down with the first 20, on to the next 20. Just typing 20 looks old. Sorry, I'm still trying to get over it. Seems funny, but when I first started to use the internet, I spend a lot of time in chat rooms. Back when AOL was cool and like version 2.0. I think I was around 13 years old. Back then, anyone over 16 seems old. And I use to think 19 year olds were crazy. But now I'm 20. As weird as that sounds, thats how my mind comprehends how old I am. Thinking from my 13 year old brain, I'm old. I must admit, I like feeling a bit old. I feel like I get respect for going through life now. I would never say I'm perfect of any sort, but I do feel like I know something now. I feel like I'm old enough to really understand things, you know?

When I was younger, I was always trying to figure things out all the time. I was just trying to be too smart for my age at times. Here is a good example. I think when I was in the 3rd grade, I remember my parents making popcorn at night before watching a movie. Laying in bed, I tried to figure out the percentage on nights popcorn was consumed. I had no way of even going about figuring that out with the math I had, but I still tried. I hope that example shows what I'm talking about. I always seemed to be trying to figure things out that I didn't have the knowledge to understand. Anyway, it seems like now I can really start to understand things. Religion is one of those things I'm starting to understand now. Well, that's hard to understand even now. I'm not talking about the spiratual part of it, I'm talking about the politcal part of it. you know, all the different sects. Okay, I'm getting a bit off here so let me return to myself.

So, now what? Now the big questions start to come up. What do I want to do with my life? What's important to me? What should be important to me? Yeah, all that stuff.... Okay, time to get ready for dinner. Have a great November 21 everyone!

Happy Birthday Skyler - 105

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're awasome Son, Re-Happy Birthday !

With Love, Me

Monique said...

HOTTIE...happy birthday. You sure are a special twenty year old. I love ya!
~Monique