Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Starbucks Coffee - "Week in Review"


Starbucks Coffee
Originally uploaded by skylerf85.

Good afternoon everyone. Or, I was thinking good morning when I had the idea to post this blog post. A lot has gone on here this week so I wanted to catch you all up. Let's start off with Weight Watchers.

These last few weeks have been real interesting. I havn't been keeping track of every single thing I eat, and I know I have been eating more points that I am offically alloted. But I know it will happen as I get closer and closer to goal. Speaking of goal, I had only .8 pounds to loose. I hope I did it this week, we'll see tomorrow.

This week started off good enough but then the problems started on Tuesday. After driving up to Monique's house to pick her up, my car wouldn't start. Its been having real bad problems, but this time it wouldn't even go. Usually, I could get it to work fine after a minute or two, but it was bad this time. Black smoke comming out the back of the car, and it would die really quick. So we scratched that and took Monique's Tercel. I did get it working enough to drive home at 10 oclock that night. I dropped it off at my mechanics, and that was that. They gave me a call today saying that they finally got my car to "mess" up this time. Once they got it going bad, he was about to figure out what it might be. He still has to do some tests, but its very promising now. Before, he didn't even know what was wrong with it. And the idea he had before, costing over $800 isn't what is wrong. SO maybe I will get out without too much dent in my wallet.

I've really been getting into learning about my digital camera, and it has really helped me out. So far, I got my own camera to take some great shots. The picture about this is one I took today. Monique and I went to Starbucks to get some coffee, and I had an idea to take this shot. In the past, my camera was taking really bad shots, and I found out that it was because the white ballance was out of wacks, and my IPO settings were too high. I got that all figured out and it looks great now. Tell me what you think my posting a comment on the picture. Okay, so I got the Starbucks bug this week. I think I had it 3 times this week. I actually find it good. What makes coffee cool is that I can eat something real light in the morning, some coffee before class, and then I'm fine till lunch. I don't know if its the best idea, but it is what I did. I think I'll be back to normal next week. Also, having a little bit of money makes me try new things and eat out a bit more. Need to take my lunnch to school next week for sure...

In upcomming events for Skyler, I'm playing at the Sandpiper Friday night. Come see my from around 6pm to 9pm. I'll be playing accoustic guitar with a looper, so expect three straight hours of music. I rarly take breaks. I even drink my water / diet soda while playing at the same time. Kind of a skill I picked up from having the guitar attached to myself as I went through High School. Speaking of high school and getting through it, I think having something to focus on like that makes things a bit easier. I think all kids, hell, all people need a creative outlet. And thanks to my skills and tools, I can make what I want to make. Now-a-days, it is so freaking easy to make what you want to make. Be it music, to photos, to video, to whatever, computers really are the best tool. Digital information is so very easy to edit and create, and the internet is the best distribution service in the world. If you need any tips or help on what to do, send me a line. I guess after listening to Loe Laporte, I remember the real point of having a compuer. Its a awesome tool to make what you want to get made. In summary, get yourself into a pashion, a hobby. Mine right now is taking better photos. Also, I got Front Row to work on my old iMac. Yay for being a pirate ;)

Okay well, that is going to be it for today. Looks like Monique is being forced to make dinner, so I'm going to go entertain her. Its kind of cute, she gets all mad about having to do things around the house, but then when I make her happy, she forgets all about it. Have a great weekend everyone and I'll see you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off, what a professional looking photo... CRISP is the word I think of when looking at that cup of devil juice.

Second off, I sure hope they can fix your car for less $ than an ARM and a LEG !

Thirdly, FRONT ROW ROCKS ! ! ! way too cool, and yeah this is what computers have always promised to be able to do, but are now doing... helping to increase and inspire the creative element of mankind (and Womankind :) )


Love you both... Redshoes
Fourthly I be tired... Good night !