Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Getting out of the House


Some days, you just need to get out of the house. It might be a condition I have, but if I spend a few days doing generally the same thing over and over, it drives me crazy. Well, today was my lucky day to get out a little. This morning, I took a drive up to the Apple store in the mall in Santa Rosa to take my dad's sick iMac G5 in. It was having some overheating problems, so I took it to the nice genius there. After a 20 minute wait while the genius was helping someone else out, he looked over my computer. I told him what was going on, it was overheating after a while, and we decided to test it out again. Launching every program on the computer, he went away while the computer hummed along. Like I hoping it would, the iMac overheated. Though the genius was in the back fixing something else when it happened, when he came back out and looked at it, he heard the overpowering fans that both my dad and I hear. He said something like, "oh yeah, I know what's going on here". Man, isn't that a releif to hear. The genuis printed out a sheet of paper so they could take it over to spend the night there. They were going to replace the logic board or something. Guess what, FREE! Man, Apple rocks. Where else can you take your computer and get it all looked at and fixed for free? My point exactly. Buy an Apple.

After a quick lunch at Monique (yummy Turkey sandwitches) we headed to Washington Mutual for her to open an account. It look like 10 minutes, and I sat there reading my Photoshop CS2 book I bought on Amazon. After she deposited $1 into her savings account, we headed off to my house. I knew once I got home, that I didn't want to stay. I had wanted to go the coast to take a hike, but Monique couldn't go far. She has to stay "close to here" so that when he work calls, so can go work. Monique's working on call now that they are re-doing the store after the flood. The good news is there is still work, but the bad news is, you don't know when its going to come, so you just have to drop stuff and leave. Kind of sucks when you want to plan stuff, but eh, it happens.

Monique was good enough to notice that I didn't want to stay home at all. She started to drive us Helen Puttnam Park when I suggested that we go where I though would be cool. We ended up on a hill overlooking Petaluma. Just a few blocks from my house, its such a cool place. We hiked around the trees and took photos. We got some great shots! So go check them out. I had such a great time walking around the hill. The fun had to end when Monqiue was of course, called into work around 3.

But oh no, the day wasn't over. Monique got off at 7, and I had an itching to take her out to dinner. After a 10 minute brain storm of every food place in Petaluma, we decided on Hunan Village in Petaluma. A good chineese food place on the east side, near Kmart if you don't know where it is. We ordered some sweet and sour chicken along with an order of Kung Pow chicken. We sat for 7 minutes before the food came out, talking about random things. About the food, you know its good when Monique and I go from chatting to no noise. We were both really hungry and the food was so good, we just sat and ate. It was just really good food, and that's all I can say. We ate it all and got out the door $21.70 less rich. But of course, more rich with memories and satisifaction. Making our way home, we cought the end of Goldeneye with my brother and his friend, and that was about it. Monique left. I've been on ther computer here since then, its 2am now, and I need sleep. Have a good Saturday everyone!

No comments: