Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Skyler's Tips for getting along with people

Well now, I thought I might want to give my tips for getting along with people. After applying at 10 or so different jobs, and a few of them asking about getting into arguements / fights with co-works, it made me scratch my head. Are people really that bad? Do we think problems are solved by pure force in the workplace (or homeplace)? Okay, so I'm going to go throught this and add as things come off the top of my head.

1) Don't get into the "snap back" talking stle. Always take time to think about what someone says. Your job when listening to someone give information is to first listen to it, then evuate it, then take your time to respond. Its a three step process. Just like taking your time to eat, really take your time to talk back in a meaningful way. By taking your time to slow down, your benifits outweigh the disadvantages. WHen you take your time, you allow the comversation to slow down as well, and things won't become as heated. Just remember that yelling back is never the answer. And just because someone is yelling at you doesn't mean that you should yell back. Take the time for them and yourself to calm down.

2) Your job is to tell the truth. Sounds simple, well it is. If you didn't do something, or forgot to do something, just tell the person that. Make sure you take your time like I said before, but telling the truth is important. People know honesty. When you are more honest, people will respect you. No one is ever perfect, god knows I'm not, but if I do my best and tell the truth, thats the best thing I can do.

dinner time, back later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I respect your honesty and your thoughtful nature... I also believe that like a fine wine, you just keep improving with age...Patience and truth... a couple of very important rules to live ones life by... Keep up the good living. :)