Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Petaluma Flooded!!!


Wow, what a morning. I was woken up at 8 a.m. by my mom telling me that Petaluma was starting to flood, and that my Mom and Dad were going to head out and check it out. I of course, got right up, put on my clothes, and got in the truck. I of course brought my camera. First we traveled to the Petaluma River to check out how high the water was. From there we traveled down the street a bit to check out other locations on the river. The sky was amazing! From there, we headed on the Boulevard till we got near the outlet mall. It was flooded everywhere. At least my Mom took a nice shot of me. From here we tried to get over the overpass to get my grandparents mobal home, but that was flooded as well. We went over the overpass mid town and got to the mobal home park. The whole street was flooded as well. We walked though the park and got Kevin. From here we drive around for a bit, taking some photos all along the way. The intersection right near the post office on the east side was completely wet. I took a lot of photos there as a truck tried to drive though. He had no such luck. We wanted to get on the freeway to head south, cause we heard that all the cars at the dealerships were underwater as well. When we hit the overpass, the whole area on the other side was underwater. Looks like no more cheap gas for a while. We got on the freeway, but not to much was under water. Though, they might have a dry-out sale comming soon. We ended up back on the west side, looking at a few more places we had looked at when we first got out, but nothing much to report. We guessed that the water level had gone down a few inches. What an amazing morning.

Flickr Photo Set of all the Flood Pictures
Video: Petaluma Mall
Video: Petaluma River

2 comments:

Monique said...

Such cool photos and videos. I still can't believe wat is happening! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Nice shots and I love the Vids... Thanks for coming and thanks for taking them. Happy new Year !

Love DAD