Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Here is a thing I wrote for my human sexually class. Thought someone might like it. I haven't edited it, so, maybe I'll come along later and delete this sentence and fix what I want to say.

________________
You said yesterday during the beginning of class that times have changed for children, making us think that its a bad thing that kinds don’t run around anymore. Like in your story, My dad has also told me stories about running around, free in the neighborhood. I always though that was interesting because it was something that I never did. I wonder, is that sort of activity more dangerous now-a-day, or do we just think it is more dangerous? I think that it’s the idea that parents don’t think that there children are able to learn for themselves. I think this idea set of parents is true growing up, even into the teen years. Not that I know exactly the best way to parent, but I think now-a-day parents would rather keep there children safe, then get hurt and learn a lesion. The reason I think this is bad is that in order to learn in life, you have to fall and get back up again. If your constantly sheltered by parents, once you do enter the real world, your at a disadvantage to those who have had more experience in life in general. I think this is true for sex and sex education as well. As a parent, you can do all you can to tell your children to stay away from sex, but the real learning point is in being prepared and leaning as you go. I also think it is important to learn know information before you go in, but like in life, your not always going to have the answers before you do something. Keeping kids away from sex is keeping them away from running. Kids will be able to figure out sex, just like running, because it’s human nature. And as a parent, and as a society, it should be in our best interest to teach as best we can, but not to deny that sex exists. People need to find out on there own what it is, maybe learning from there mistakes as they go. Cause sheltering kids from anything will just make it that much harder for them when they do grow up.

No comments: