Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Yesterday was first day of class. I have Physchology 3 (Human Sexuality) at 10am and Astronomy at 7pm. It kind of makes my school days kind of filled up cause I don't have my nights off. But it also structures my days well so it gives me something to do. For the first day and a half of school, not so bad. The only complaint so far is that my astronomy teacher is hard to heard and understand at times. He was also having trouble getting his slide show running on a mac, which he never ended up using. But I did go up front to help him out. It was a G4 powermac, but god was it slow. Even my iMac G4 was obviously faster than that thing. I think there is a standard that if you have a windows computer, and it craps out, its expected. But if you have a mac, and there is a problem, then it shows how the mac sucks. Kind of reminds me of the Bush - Gore debates from 2000. People except Bush to mess up speaking, even now-a-days, but if someone with, or something, with some class messes up once every blue moon, its a bigger deal. With my computer, I can count the number of times my computer has crashed, with one hand. Yeah, less than 5 times. I want someone with windows to tell me honestly they're computer hasn't crashed less than 5 times in the first year. So I guess this all comes down to standards, and that people have different standards for computers. But if you think about it, shouldn't they all have the same standards? Whatever, leave me a comment if your interested. Anyway, after morning class, I went to Monique's house to help her more with her computer, and we did some swimming. Then out to dinner with mom and dad, who left for the week. Yay! party time! My brother already has started, and he's still got a LAN going from last night, and its 2pm now. I hope these kids leave soon. I love a quite house with no people. Well, maybe some good friends. Okay, enough ranting for today. Later -Skyler

No comments: