Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Last Day Here (Day 5)


  • Last Day Slideshow
  • 4 megs again, give it a bit to download again...

    Hey everyone, I'd like to start of saying I'm a bit tired. It has been a long day today, and at 11 p.m. now, I don't think I'll last too much longer. But here goes, as I try to re-cap my day.

    This morning was spend on the computer and watching Julie, Paul, then Mandy leave. I went to pick Paul up from a Shell Beach car repair place in the morning before he left. He told on me the way back that I should take highway 1 back. Saying it would be a nicer looking ride, but it would take longer. Julie said don't bother cause it will take to long. I think I'm just going to take the 101 again. Anyway, them'all left at around noon. Soon as everyone was gone, it got real quite. I did like I planed and left myself soon.

    I took a trip to download San Luis Obispo for sun lunch and window shopping. Parking the car 5 blocks from downtown, cause the parking isn't really easy, I walked to a Mexican place that I've eaten at before. Its right next to Big Sky restaurant for anyone who knows the area. I had been there before a few times and always enjoyed it. Well, not today. I ordered my burrito, got it, and sat down. I start eating when I think, wow this taste like beef. I cut a bit more into the burrito to check, and I thought it was beef myself. I took it up to the lady who took my order saying, "Is this beef". She was dismissive and said, "We don't make the Colorado burrito with beef". I turned around and walked back to my table. Well, either this was beef or it was chicken really wanting to be beef. I've eaten beef about a handful of times now, and I think I would know what it would taste like. It just has the beef taste. Anyway, I didn't really try to think too much about it and just eat. I picked out most the beef and just ate the beans and rice. I had gotten this bad vibe from the women who took my order, so I didn't decide to say anything. I just thought, get threw it, whatever. And I also did something I never really do. I threw out food. Like, i paid $6 and I threw out maybe 1/4 of it. It was a wierd feeling. It was sad and crazy because it was sad to throw out food (why does the feeling come from?) and crazy that I actaully had enough will power to throw it out and not eat it. Time rest of my time downtown was good.

    With my camera still on me, I walked over to the mission and took a few shots, then walked back to my car. I shredded my jacket and camera into the truck of my Miata and walked back down the main street. I walked in and out of stores for about an hour. Its really not as fun without other people there cause you don't get dragged into stores your not interested in. Thats part of the fun sometimes. So, it didn't take me too long to check out downtown shops. I did spend a lot of time at Barns and Nobles; I just like looking at books. My car's alloted time for parking was drawing near so I walked back. Driving home in the afternoon was quite nice. I got home and wrote this next part...

    Talk about being popular. Or maybe, when it rains, it pours. After not getting a cell phone call cept for my dad once and my mom, I got two calls on my cell back to back. First was Monique, giving me her flight info, and like 20 seconds later, my mom telling to say hi. I guess I'm just loved O:-). Okay everyone, I got more stuff to, but I'll be back tonight with more photos and writings. Till then, stay safe.

    So, yeah, 2 calls at once. I sat around the house for a bit, enjoying the sun-room out back to read. It was around 6 o'clock when I decided to head out again. I wanted to check out the beaches once last time, and get some gas. Julie had also told me about the farmers market, so I wanted to see that too. I started my drive from Arroyo Grande towards the beach and looked for the cheapest gas I could find. The cheapest was right inside Pismo Beach. At a 7-11 store, there gas was $2.75. That was about 10-20 cents lower than most places I had looked at. And I had looked at a few so, this was quite a deal. I filled up there so I could get a good price for the ride home. From here, it was over to Pismo beach. I took some shots and a video. You can see the pics in the slideshow. It was nice, I love the beaches down here. Next I hopped over to Shell Beach. When I arrived, I was surprised to see what looked like a professional photo crew shooting at the beach. It just turned out to be some senior pictures. Wow, I wonder how much they were paying cause these looked like pro. The kid having his picture was behing this really nice older car at the beach, with a woman holding up on of those sun-cather things. I think whenever people hold those up, it looks professional. Anyway, I hope the dad, who was smiling and watching the whole time, enjoys those pics cause I know they couldn't be cheap. I took myself some photos that I thought were cool. There was also 2 photo "crews" on the beach. Another guy to the left, and when I walked down the beach, a girl on the right. I didn't get too close so I wouldn't get in the shot. I took the pictures I wanted to take and got on the freeway heading north.

    I got off downtown San Luis and went back to the place where I had parked earlier. I parallel parked, quite easy in this little car, and headed to the farmers market. It was quite a little event. I've been to a few of them there so I knew what I was going into. I walked up and down the "strip" about 2 times, trying to look at everything. There were bands and lots of food, and at the top of the strip, the actually farmers. I kind of got the feeling that most of the people there went just as a social event. Most the kids my age were all with there friends, talking and looking around. It was cool, cause I understand what was going on. I could totally see myself down there every Thursday hanging out with friends at such an event. I didn't have anyone to talk to, so I listened to everyone else. It was all quite a blur as I walked around. I ended up walking twice cause my first time, I was just trying to avoid people. I did stop at the top of the strip to buy some peaches. I got a free sample and boy were they good! I bought 3, which was about $3.50 or something. I didn't know that the ones I bought weren't ripe yet, so taking my first bite, the beach was more of an apple. I was a little disapointed at my mistake, but whatever, I ate it. It was still good a bit hard. Now I have something to look forward to in the next few days when they ripen. It started to get dark then, and I bought a veggie burrito. I didn't want to chance beef this time, and more less points. (Well, its always hard to do points of vacation, but I've tried my best. Hey, I'm not eating popcorn right now, so thats good.) I sat down on the side of the street and ate my burrito. I ended up picking the spot right behind the "Quiz your bibble skill" booth. So, I had fun listening to those people. I finished up my burrito, headed back up the strip, then to the car. I didn't take any pictures at the fair cause it was getting dark, and I only had 5 photos left. Didn't get the right vibe for me to want to take it with me. Once back at the car, I stopped at the video rental place I had been the other night to return the movie. Then I zipped home.

    The place here was dark and quiet when I come in. Now, at least its a bit brighter, but still dead quiet. You really do notice when no one is home, it feels quiet. Not quite with no sound, but feels quiet. Anyway, I listened to Keith and the Girl. It's a great podcast, I must say my favorite. At least my favorite non tech podcast. I plan to make a shirt for the show to wear on Wednesday's. Got to be a listener to know why. Haha, so now here I sit. Talking and reading what I'm writing here. weehheee. Well, I have Frank Caliendo to keep my company. He's doing his Arnold impersonation, and damn is it good. He was also great live. Though I knew most of his bit already. But jump on Kazaa, Limewire, Acquisition, whatever you use and check out Frank. You'll love it. Okay, I'm going to bed. I got to edit this and put up the slideshow. Night all!

    -Skyler

    No comments: