Welcome to Skyler and Monique's Blog!

CIMG0968

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Love Today

Love, no lust. One thing that I've found out better today is that love isn't lust. Or vise versa, lust isn't love. People will always be attracted to one another, its human nature. As my Anthropology teacher told us today, "People meet and they mate. They might even hate each other, but they mate". Yes, very true, but I don't think I would call that love. So I thought of my own version of love today. And I'm saying love isn't lust. To me, love are the moments when you just want to be with someone to make them happy. Case in point, when I know Monqiue has had a bad day, I really try hard to make her feel happy. Today was one of those days. I visited her after school at her work, later I took her some dinner. And then for the special bonus, I waited outside her work till she got off. I had bought her flowers to make her feel special. To me, that is love. Love is there when there isn't any thought of lust. Love makes the moments when you couldn't care less about lust, but want to be in the moment to make someone happy. So maybe thats what love is to me. Love is the feeling you get when you know you can make a difference in someone's life, and you know when you actually do it. Its the high feeling I get just making someone else happy for that one moment.

4 comments:

Monique said...

All I can say is Thank you. For everything. Anything you say or do seems to make me want to be happy instantly. It's amazing. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep you. K? I love you baby! Don't change.

Anonymous said...

iMusickid :

Me thinks yousun should be techuns yuzesun teachers 'bout some lovesum. You have a firm grasp on the intangible. I wonder what your teacher thinks about "soul mates", Love at first sight, and finding joy through devotion? Mesun thinksa dissum tacha mayzbesun outta lovesum...

iMusickid said...

No, I think my teacher understands love. I kind of took her quote out of context to the lession. Wee were talking about populations and such. She made the joke, and it got the whole class laughing. For a teacher teaching 150 college aged studetns, she does a good job of keeping us interested. So, I don't mind the jokes once in a while...

Anonymous said...

Meesun gotcha !